What We Provide:
- The Professional Dementia Mastermind, led by Dr. Dan.
- Therapy to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and their loved ones. Go to the the Find A Therapist page for more info
- Speaking engagements facilitated by Dr. Nightingale
- Workshops and Other Training Events
- Reducing the risk of developing dementia
- Informative Downloadable Information on Dementia including effective tools.
- Distance Learning for Hypnotherapists on how to properly assess and treat people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, resulting in improvement of quality of life (based on Dr. Nightingale’s empirical research on hypnosis and dementia.)
- Therapy at our office in Orchard Park, New York
- Creating Dementia Friendly Environments for the general public such as stores and restaurants.
Dementia Therapy Specialists has been founded by, and is directly managed by, Dr Daniel Nightingale, a leading UK and US Clinical Dementia Specialist; and Kathleen Nightingale, a Mindset Coach, Clinical Hypnotherapist and Award-Winning author.
Together, they have developed a service that provides unique, cutting edge therapy and strategies that improves the Quality of Life for people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. These strategies result in the avoidance of using anti-psychotic drugs with these individuals, who simply require the necessary empathy and know-how that comes from proper training.
The cutting edge dementia therapy we use improves Quality of Life including short and long term memory, activities of daily living, relaxation, motivation, concentration and socialization. Therapy is also available to caregivers and family members to reduce stress, depression and other issues.
Our emphasis is on true person centered and person focused care. Click here for the DTS FIVE FACETS OF TRUE PERSON CENTERED CARE
Dr. Daniel Nightingale developed the use of hypnotherapy for Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. A study of the effectiveness of his work was published in Alzheimer’s Care Today. If you are a qualified hypnotherapist, you can purchase our Distance Learning Course in Hypnotherapy for Dementia HERE.
We hope you enjoy this website and please do contact us by email or phone if you wish to engage any of our services.